Our specialist Immigration lawyers are uniquely experienced in the law of Immigration to Canada and how it works in practice. We advise both individuals and businesses with all their immigration issues. If it is your goal to live and/or work permanently or temporarily in Canada, the Immigration and Citizenship lawyers at Rogerson Law Group offers extensive expertise on a wide range of issues. We understand first-hand how complicated and stressful the immigration process can be.
How Do We Know This?
Because some of our Immigration lawyers have been through the process themselves. This means they are best-placed to give the sympathetic advice and representation their clients need.
- Are you looking to immigrate to Canada? We can advise you on the different categories for professionals and workers under which you might qualify.
- Are you looking to sponsor your spouse/children to come to Canada? We can help you on get a Visa for your family members under the family class visa.
- Are you looking to come to Canada to study? It’s a typical requirement that international students will need to secure a Canada Study Permit in order to study in Canada.
- Are you looking to come to work in Canada? We advise you on the requirements for obtaining a Canadian work visa.
- Or are you a Canadian business owner and employer seeing to recruit workers from abroad? We can advise you on how the immigration rules affect your business and what you need to do.
- Has your Visa application been rejected? If your Visa application or the visa application of a dear one has been rejected, consider speaking to our immigration lawyers. We can help put forward a cogent and powerful appeal to the Immigration Appeal Division (IAD) and the Federal Court.
Immigration Appeal Lawyer – Has Your Visa Been Rejected?
Our lawyers appear on immigration appeals before the Immigration Appeal Division (IAD) of the Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB) and also before the Federal Court. We are experienced courtroom lawyers and bring that experience to bear in arguing immigration appeals on your behalf.
We appear on the following matters before the IAD:
Residency Immigration Appeals – where a permanent resident is alleged by the Canadian Border Services not to have fulfilled the residency requirement, and their permanent residence status has been revoked;
Sponsorship Immigration Appeals – where your attempt to sponsor a family member has rejected by the Immigration authorities;
Removal Order Appeals – where a permanent resident is accused of criminality, misrepresentation, or other immigration offences, and is ordered to be removed from Canada;
In each case, you need to contact us as soon as possible and fax or email us a pdf copy of relevant correspondence from the authorities, we will reply immediately, to fix an appointment to start work on your immigration appeal.
Residency appeals must be filed within 60 days of the decision. Sponsorship appeals have to be filed within 30 days of receipt of the refusal letter. Removal Order appeals must be filed within 30 days of receipt of the removal order. It is important to act quickly on all immigration appeals.
In all cases, it will be our aim to keep you in Canada until your appeal is heard.
In the Federal Court we argue immigration appeals on your behalf such a judicial review of refusal of a skilled worker application, or a decision of a citizenship judge to reject a citizenship application. These must be filed within 15 days.
Very sadly, many mistakes are made in processing immigration applications. Sometimes the fault is caused by incompetent preparation of an application by the applicant him or herself, or by an immigration consultant. Sometimes the fault is of the government employee who processed the application. In all cases, it is important to get a second opinion from a law firm experienced in these fields. Frequently consideration needs to be given to the arguing of Humanitarian and Compassionate grounds to remain in Canada, even if the visa officer has not made a mistake on substantive grounds.
A good example of a successful application by Andrew Rogerson, on Humanitarian and Compassionate grounds, was the case of Sakkab in which our client ‘s permanent residence was revoked owing to the length of time she spent overseas obtaining treatment for a husband who had cancer and subsequently died. We were successful on this lady’s behalf. A copy of the judgement is available on this link.
We are pleased to offer urgent second opinions on immigration cases that have gone wrong and to represent you in court, if need be.
Immigration Lawyer Canada- Personal Immigration
Our Immigration lawyers provide clients with regular updates on their case, recognising the need for clients to know what is going on at all stages. As a firm, we encourage and maintain communication (at no extra cost) throughout the process.
You are unique
Our advice is tailored to each client’s unique needs and interests. Immigration advice and representation is not a ‘one size fits all’ service. We get to know our clients before advising the best course of action and delivering the service they need to accomplish their respective goals – in a cost-efficient and timely manner.
Our Immigration practice advises on all matters relating to:
- Immigration to Canada Under Express Entry Program
- Spousal, common-law or conjugal partner sponsorships
- Business Migration to Canada
- Labour Market Opinion/Arranged Employment Opinion Applications
- Applications for Permanent Residence
- Family Sponsorship Applications
- Live-in Caregiver Applications
- Visa and Permit Applications (visitor visas, study permits, work permits, temporary resident permits)
- Visa Extension and Restoration of Status Applications
- Obtaining Permanent Resident Cards
- Citizenship Applications
- Immigration Appeals
Immigration Lawyer Toronto – Business Migration
Businesses in 2014 are operating in a global marketplace which means immigration issues increasingly arise. Ignoring the implications of hiring foreign workers can have serious implications for businesses.
Our business and corporate clients welcome the immigration expertise we provide on business migration and matters involving the hiring of skilled foreign workers.
We continually service our business clients ensuring they are kept up-to-date with immigration law and how any changes may affect their businesses. We work on the basis of a transparent and affordable fee structure and ensure each case receives our personalized care and attention.
Contact us now to consult an immigration lawyer in Toronto. Rogerson Law Group provides immigration services for clients abroad and in the entire GTA including Toronto, Scarborough, Mississauga, Vaughan, Brampton, Richmond Hill, Etobicoke, Barrie and other area. Our offices are conveniently located in downtown Toronto, Barrie.